· Curly Parsley - 4 bunches
· Tomatoes - 3 large, finely chopped
· Mint Leaves - 1 small bunch, leaves only finely sliced
· Green Onions - 2, finely sliced
· Red Onions – 1 large, finely chopped
· Quinoa - 1 cup
· Red Onion - ½ small, finely chopped
· Fresh Lemon Juice - 2 large lemons
· Garlic clove – 1 piece pressed
· Extra Virgin Olive Oil - ¼ cup
· Salt - 2 tsp or to taste
· Freshly Cracked Black Pepper - to taste
* Optional: Add 1 can of chickpeas for more protein
* Optional: To make the original Tabbouleh salad substitute quinoa for bulgur (Fine Cracked Wheat) – 1/3 cup
1. **Pre-wash the parsley the night before, discard most of the stems, lay flatly on towel or paper towels in small bunches, turning once, to fully dry.
2. Bring quinoa, salt, and water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender about 15 minutes. Turn off heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Transfer to a large bowl and refrigerate to cool.
3. Finely and gently chop the dry parsley using a sharp knife and add to a large bowl.
4. Add sliced mint leaves, green onions, red onion, garlic & chopped tomatoes.
5. Add the lemon juice, olive oil, salt & pepper then mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
6. Taste check and adjust the lemon, salt and pepper if needed.
7. Serve immediately. The salad can also be scooped with romaine lettuce leaves.