- 1 Large Spaghetti Squash
- 1tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic (pressed)
- 1 bag broccoli slaw
- 16 oz sliced mushrooms
- Green onion, chopped (for garnish)
- ¼ c coconut aminos
- 2 tsp 5 star spice
- 1 clove garlic (pressed)
- Grated fresh ginger
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
2) Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and stringy middle bit. Rub the 1 tsp olive oil over the inside of each of the squash halves and then place them on a baking tray. Bake in the oven for approximately 30 minutes until the center of the squash is tender.
3) Remove the squash from the oven and using a fork, scrape out of the inside of the squash horizontally to get strands of "spaghetti"
4) Heat 1 tbsp sesame oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add in the crushed garlic saute until fragrant. Add in the ginger, cole slaw mix and continue to cook for 4 to 5 minutes unit tender and the cabbage has wilted.**
5) In a sauce pan combine all of the ingredients for the sauce and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and let is simmer for 5 minutes or so.
6) Add the spaghetti squash mixture. Pour the sauce and stir until well combined. Garnish with a sprinkle of green onions before serving. Enjoy!