- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 15-ounce can (1 1/2 cups) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium stalk celery, diced
- 1/2 large bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, plus more to taste
- 6 collard leaves
- In a small bowl, mash avocado.
- In a large bowl, add chickpeas; with a potato masher or fork, mash chickpeas well. Add celery, bell pepper, and carrot; stir. Add lemon juice, cilantro, mashed avocado, salt, and pepper; stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Lay a collard leaf flat on a cutting board. Scoop about 1/3-1/2 cup chickpea salad onto the center of the leaf. Fold the edges in, then roll the leaf like a burrito.
- Repeat until all of the chickpea salad is used.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
**Thank you Judy from ChicagoVeg for sharing this recipe! Original recipe and more can be found on: www.emilieeats.com